Values & Ethos
Vision Statement Learning to thrive in a changing world
We believe that every member of the school community is valued for who they are - their individuality, diversity, culture and heritage. They are encouraged to develop their full potential to the best of their ability, in a stimulating and caring environment. It is a place we respect ourselves and each other. It is a place where everyone is different, has importance and work together as a team to learn the skills needed for the future. Our school is a community of open-minded life-long learners who prepare to be well-informed and curious citizens, active for in our community, understanding global change, treating one another fairly and equally and promote problem-solving.
- To strive for excellence: encouraging high standards and enabling our children to become confident and independent learners.
- To consistently nurture caring relationships, appropriate behaviour, empathy and taking care of our own well-being.
- To create a collaborative partnership between home, school and the wider community; providing high quality information and good communication to overcome barriers to learning.
- To develop personal, spiritual and moral values to promote tolerance, equality and respect for ourselves, others and the environment.
- To use praise and encouragement to nurture creative and curious minds who demonstrate initiative; are articulate; reflect on constructive feedback; and develop resilience, learning from their mistakes.
The Beeches Primary School is for children aged between 4 and 11. Classes are of mixed levels of attainment although there is some setting in particular year groups. All classes are staffed by a class teacher and supported by at least one Teaching Assistant for most of the day. In addition the school employs assistants for children with specific learning needs.
The school is well decorated and furnished according to the age of the children. All classrooms have interactive white-boards and these are used in most lessons. Your child will be taught to use the internet, digital photography, movie making and programmable toys as part of their regular classroom learning. We have two school halls that are used for assemblies and PE lessons. One of the halls is also used as the dining room. Additional areas provide places for smaller group teaching. Outside we have a hard surface play area, an adventure gym, environmental gardens and a large field that is used when the ground is dry.
Please Click Here for information regarding the School's Financial Benchmarking.