Permanent Headteacher Vacancy
Vacancy: Headteacher, The Beeches Primary School
Term: 15 April 24 (post Easter) or 1 September 2024
Salary: L21 – L27 (£77,195 - £89,414) 23/24 STPCD scales England
Closing Date: 23rd February 2024
Assessment/Interview Dates: 25-26th March 2024
The Governors of The Beeches Primary School, Peterborough, are looking for a Headteacher with a passion for education and the knowledge, skills and vision to build on strong foundations and drive our school forward. We are looking for a headteacher who can build on a good foundation, with improving results amid the very real challenges of disadvantage and SEND. In the associated applicant pack, you will find information about our school, the local area, and the qualities our children, staff and parents are looking for in a Headteacher. You will also find the job description and person specification for this role. If you are the inspirational leader we are looking for, who will empower, develop, support and challenge everyone in our school community to achieve their potential, please apply for the role by completing the accompanying application form and candidate statement. The governing board seek a candidate who is an excellent and experienced senior leader who will:
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, inspire, motivate, and support colleagues and children to deliver quality teaching and learning.
- Have high expectations and aspirations for all children.
- Have the interpersonal skills (see below) necessary to understand, communicate with and engage all stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively within the school team environment.
- Develop and maintain a clear identity and culture for the school that pupils, staff, and the broader community are proud to be associated with.
- Have experience of managing a curriculum that ensures high standards of achievement and creative approaches to teaching and learning.
- Show a proven track record in improving outcomes of EAL and disadvantaged pupils.
- Possess the ability and willingness to work in partnership with the Governing Body and Local Authority
- Evidence of a commitment to Professional Development including accredited leadership training
- Maintain the ability to act with energy, enthusiasm, and a sense of humour in all areas of work at The Beeches Primary School.
Applicants are likely to be serving headteachers, or experienced deputy headteachers able to demonstrate evidence of working towards a headteacher role and experience in covering these responsibilities.
- An application pack including the Job Description and Person Specification and the application form are available on the school website and Gov.UK.
- Applicants must submit their completed application form to email@example.com by 12:30pm 23rd February 2024.
- Interviews and Assessments to a panel of governors and advisors will be 25-26 March 2024.
A decision on a preferred candidate will be ratified by the Board of Governors, in liaison with the Local Authority, w/c 27th March 2024 and communicated as soon as possible.
Thank you for your interest.
Chair of Governors
The Beeches Primary School
- Applicant School Pack
- Job Description and Personal Specification
- Application Form 1 and 2
- Privacy Notice