More Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 children can now come to school
Phased return to school for Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 pupils only.
Now more children can come to school
1. It is good for their mental wellbeing
2. It's good for them to socialise with other children
3. School is the best place for them to learn.
What has changed?
From 1st June 2020 we will welcome back children, but only from Reception, Year 1 and Year 6. School will still be open for key workers' children and vulnerable children.
What about brothers and sisters?
Only children in the year groups above.
Children in years 2-5 need to stay at home.
How are you making sure that school is safe?
1. We will check for risks before school is open.
2. Everyone will wash their hands regularly.
3. If a child or family member is sick they cannot come into school.
4. School will be cleaned regularly.
5. There will be less children in a room together.
6. To do this we will need to change the school day.
Does my child have to come to school?
If your child is well and in one of the year groups asked to attend they should. There will be no fines if your child does not go to school.
What if there is a case of Coronavirus in school?
1. The person with symptoms must self isolate for 7 days.
2. The people they live with must self isolate for 14 days.
3. If anyone at the school tests positive, the whole class must self isolate for 14 days.
What else might change?
1. The time you drop off and pick up your child.
2. Your child may have a different classroom and teacher.
3. They may not have all their normal lessons.
4. We will change how we serve lunch.